Tooth loss can happen for any number of reasons. These reasons can be from trauma or dental injury all the way to bad oral hygiene or even tooth grinding. If you fail to seek treatment for these bad habits immediately and neglect to visit dental implants phoenix regularly, you may end up losing all of your natural teeth in a short span of time.
You have many dental options once you have a number of missing teeth. Its happens that dental implants is one of the most common replacement options that there is for a dentist to do today.
Usually a dental implant is just an artificial tooth root that will be placed in the jaw to help secure the crown, bridge or removable denture. Commonly a dental implant is made up of these three parts:
- Abutment – which is the part that connecting the implant device to the replacement tooth
- Denture or crown – this is the artificial replacement tooth
- The implant device – this is the piece which is surgically inserted into the jaw bone
Implants are usually made of titanium. This bio-compatible material is often the more popular choice since it has been proven to be strong and durable, and has the unique property of effectively fusing directly to the bone through a process called osseointegration.
Benefits Offered By Dental Implants
Dental implants Phoenix can offer numerous benefits to individuals who want to replace one or more of their missing teeth. Their advantages include the following:
- They provide comfort and convenience of use. With this cosmetic dental solution, you don’t have to go through the bother and discomfort of removing dentures to clean them or before going to sleep. Unlike dentures, which usually make chewing difficult, implants function like your own natural teeth; as such, you get to eat your favorite foods without pain and worries.
- They won’t impede your speech. Lastly, dentures can slip within the mouth, causing you to mumble or slur your words. Implants, however, won’t give you this problem since they stay in place and the artificial teeth would never slip.
- They are strong and durable. As previously mentioned, dental implants are made of titanium, one of the strongest and most durable materials around. They will definitely last for many years. With proper care and maintenance, they may even last a lifetime.
- They enhance oral health. An implant can save the adjacent teeth since they don’t need to be anchored to the teeth next to them. As a result, they preserve the overall integrity of your healthy, natural teeth. With implants, you also have easier access between teeth, thus improving your oral hygiene.
- They look and feel like natural teeth. Compared to bridges and dentures, implants are simply aesthetically superior since they stay in place and they look and function like real teeth. With a dental implant, you may even forget that you lost a tooth.
Dental implants can make the loss of natural teeth more bearable. With this cosmetic dental solution, you can have better oral health and feel more confident about your smile. If you feel that dental implants Phoenix are the right solution for you, please feel free to email me or give me a call at 623-572-7505 and with any luck, you’ll have a bright white smile before you know it!
J. Brent Sanders DDS